Join the Next #OncNurseConnect Tweet Chat on the Impact of COVID-19 on Nursing
Save the date! We invite you to join Oncology Nursing News for an #OncNurseConnect Tweet Chat on Tuesday, May 12, at 1 p.m. EST, when we plan on discussing the impact the COVID-19 pandemic has had on oncology nursing.
Each quarter, we host an #OncNurseConnect Tweet Chat to bring together nursing professionals and others in the cancer care space to promote collaboration within the community. During this month’s chat, we’ll ask the following questions:
- Managing Patient Anxiety: With COVID-19 news touching every aspect of our lives, how are you helping your patients manage their anxiety surrounding the pandemic?
- PPE Shortages: The pandemic has resulted in personal protective equipment (PPE) shortages. Have you experienced this in your practice? What can nurses do to protect themselves?
- Telemedicine: Telemedicine and home healthcare can be beneficial in keeping people out of the clinic during a pandemic, but they also have their drawbacks. What do you think about telemedicine and home care?
- Mitigating Risk: From implementing telemedicine to resequencing treatments, cancer centers across the nation have found different ways to mitigate the risks their patients face during the COVID-19 pandemic. What examples have you found of this in action?
- Treatment Impacts: How has your practice changed to adapt to the new rules and regulations around treating immunocompromised patients?
Never participated in a Tweet Chat before? It’s simple!
- Log in to your Twitter account on the date and time of the chat and search for “#OncNurseConnect” to find the conversation. You can also search for Oncology Nursing News and see the questions on our feed.
- Make sure you’re filtering your search results by “Latest” to see questions — and other participants’ answers – in real time.
- Every few minutes, we’ll Tweet questions that we invite you to respond to using #OncNurseConnect. You can also join the discussion by watching the hashtag to see other responses. See a response you want to add to? Reply with #OncNurseConnect!
- Don’t forget to add #OncNurseConnect to each response you share so others can see your tweets and chat with you too.
We'll see you on Twitter!