The Spectrum of Bone Marrow Failure Diseases
This symposium will be presented at the ONS Annual Congress in Washington, DC in May 2018, and is targeted to clinical nursing professionals in oncology.
Thursday, May 17, 2018, 6:00 — 7:30 AM
Marriott Marquis — Marquis Ballroom 1 – 4, Washington, DC
This symposium will be presented at the ONS Annual Congress in Washington, DC in May 2018, and is targeted to clinical nursing professionals in oncology. The program focuses on recent advances in diagnosing and treating myelodysplastic syndromes and related diseases, including AML and MDS/MPN overlap, and the role of nurses in disease management and care coordination. Case studies will be used to illustrate treatment decision-making and therapeutic challenges.
Topics will include:
- Latest developments in precision medicine in diagnosing and treating bone marrow failure diseases;
- Emerging treatment options for MDS, AML, and MDS/MPN overlap;
- Symptom management;
- Psychosocial considerations for bone marrow transplantation;
- Quality-of-life issues to improve care of this patient population.
Nancy Corbitt, BSN, RN, OCN, CRNI, University of Maryland Greenebaum Cancer Center, Baltimore, MD
- Katherine Edmonds, ANRP, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, Boston, MA
- Lisa Barbarotta, MSN, APRN-BC, AOCNS, Smilow Cancer Hospital, Yale Medical Center, New Haven, CT
- Kelly Fields Owens, LMSW, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN
This activity is jointly provided by Medical Learning Institute, Inc. and the Aplastic Anemia and MDS International Foundation.
Commercial Support Acknowledgement
This activity is supported by an educational grant from Celgene Corporation.
This activity was developed for nurses and nurse practitioners who are involved in the treatment or management of patients with bone marrow failure disease.
Nursing Education Purpose Statement
The purpose of this activity is to improve the knowledge and competence of nurses concerning the treatment or management of patients with bone marrow failure disease.
Registered Nurse Designation
Medical Learning Institute, Inc.
Provider approved by California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider Number 15106, for 1.5 contact hours.
Nurse Practitioner Credit Designation
This activity is approved for 1.5 contact hour(s) of continuing education (which includes 1.5 hours of pharmacology) by the American Association of Nurse Practitioners. Activity ID 18043187. This activity was planned in accordance with AANP CE Standards and Policies.